Step 1: Add email accounts when you first start Outlook.
Add an email account
- Select Settings, select Add Account, and then select Add Email Account.
- Enter your e-mail address, and then select Add Account.
- Select an email provider from the list.
NOTE: If you cannot find your email provider, then select IMAP.
- Enter your password to sign in.
In iPad or iPhone, you can create and send a new email message, reply to an email message, forward an email message, and finish a draft message.
- Tap the new message icon.
- In To, Cc, and Bcc, type the name or email address of the people you want to send an email:
- You can add multiple names or email addresses.
- Use Cc to copy someone on an email.
- Use Bcc if you want to copy someone but you want it to be a blind copy, where other people don’t see that person when they receive the email.
- Add a Subject.
- If you have multiple email accounts, tap the email address at the top of the email message, and select the email account you want to send the email from.
- Tap in the body of the email message and type your message.
- Tap Attach to attach a file. You can also attach an image.
- Tap Send to send the email message.
Step 3: Read, Switch and Do more
You can read your email, switch between inboxes, filter your email, and reply, forward, print, and delete email messages.
- Tap Mail.
NOTE: The Focused inbox opens. Tap Other to see other emails. The inbox you’re in is underlined in blue.
- Tap an email message to read it.
- Tap Filter, and then tap:
- Unread – to view only unread messages.
- Flagged – to view only messages that you flagged.
- Attachments – to view only messages that have files attached to them.
Reply, Reply All, and Forward messages
- Tap Reply , and then tap:
- Reply – to reply to the email.
- Reply All – to reply to everyone who received the email.
- Forward – to forward the email to others.
- Cancel – to close the menu.
- Tap More , and then tap:
- Schedule – to schedule the email message to reappear in the inbox later.
- Move to Non-Focused Inbox – to train Outlook that these emails are not considered Focused.
- Move – to move the email message to a folder.
- Print Conversation – to print the conversation.
- Mark Unread – to mark the email message as unread.
Delete a message
- Tap Delete to delete the email message.
Archive a message
- Tap the Archive or swipe a message left.
Select multiple messages
- Tap and hold an email message.
NOTE: A checkbox appears next to the message to show it’s selected.
- Select additional messages.
- Choose what you want to do with the selected messages: archive, trash, move to a different folder, or flag them by tapping the three dots while the multiple email messages are selected.
- Tap Cancel to remove the checkmarks.
- Tap an email message and swipe left to archive the email message.
- Tap an email message and swipe right to schedule the email to return to your inbox.
NOTE: In the pop-out box that appears, select a time or a date and time to return the email to your inbox.
View another account or folder
- Tap Menu .
- Tap the down arrow to select the account:
- A full folder list appears. You can see any custom labels that you have set up (e.g. Gmail) or any folders that you have created from any other type of email account.
- You can access your sent mail, your trash folder, and your drafts. The number adjacent to the folder indicates the number of unread email messages you have in that particular folder.
- Tap the folder you want to view.
- When you’re done, you can tap Up to collapse that account and select All Accounts.
Step 4: Manage Contacts
Using contacts is a great way to stay in touch with your clients, customers, and colleagues, without having to remember all their email addresses and phone numbers. In Outlook, contacts are called People.
- In People, tap Search .
- Type a name or an email address.
- Tap the contact that you want.
- Tap one of the following to see details about the contact:
- Info – to see the contact’s information.
- Mail – to see previous email conversation(s) with the contact.
NOTE: Tap an email to view it.
- Events – to see meetings or events that you had or are going to have with the contact.
- Files – to see the files shared between you and the contact.
NOTE: Tap use Filter to find specific files sent by the person.
- On iPhone, tap Cancel.
- One iPad, tap X next to the search bar, and then tap Cancel.
- Close the search box.
Send an email to a contact
- Tap Mail.
- In Mail, tap Compose to create a new email.
- If you want to add more recipients, type a name in the To box.
- Tap the contacts that you want to receive the email.
- Tap send or tap X to close.
Step 5: Schedule Meetings
Create and send a meeting invitation that shows your availability and let your recipient choose a time that works for them.
- Tap New Message to create a new email message.
- Tap the body of the email message.
- Tap Add Meeting .
- Tap Send Availability.
- Tap to select available time slots.
- Tap Done.
NOTE: The selected time slots are included in the email message body.
- Type the recipient’s email address and the subject into the respective email fields.
- Tap Send to send the invitation with your availability.
Step 6: Schedule Appointments
Use your Outlook calendar to let others know when you’re running late to an appointment or meeting.
- Tap the appointment you want to see.
NOTE: Outlook lets you tell your meeting colleagues when you’re running late. You can either tell the participants or just the organizer.
- Tap Organizer (on iPad) or Email Attendees (on iPhone) to send a message to meeting attendees.
- To let others know you’re running late:
- Tap Send a note to send a custom message.
- Tap I’m running late to pre-populate a reply directly into the email.
Step 7: View and Manage Calendar with Color Code
Switch between different views of your calendar to see your appointments for the day or week.
- Tap Calendar.
- Tap Agenda to see a list of all appointments.
NOTE: You can select Day view or 3-Day view.
- Tap Day to see appointments for the day.
NOTE: You can also swipe back and forth to switch between days or weeks.
- To get to a new month, tap Agenda and swipe down on the month.
- Tap Up to take you back to today.
- Tap Menu and then tap any calendar you don’t want to see.
- Tap Options next to a calendar to change its color.