Use these cloud adoption Test Lab Guides (TLGs) to set up demonstration or dev/test environments for Office 365, Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS), Dynamics 365, and Office Server products.
TLGs help you quickly learn about Microsoft products. They’re great for situations where you need to evaluate a technology or configuration before you decide whether it’s right for you or before you roll it out to users. The “I built it out myself and it works” hands-on experience helps you understand the deployment requirements of a new product or solution so you can better plan for hosting it in production.
TLGs also create representative environments for development and testing of applications, also known as dev/test environments.
See these additional resources before diving in:
- View the Experience the Microsoft Cloud with Cloud Adoption Test Lab Guides Microsoft Virtual Academy session (only 22 minutes).
- Click here for a visual map to all the articles in the One Microsoft Cloud Test Lab Guide stack.
Use these articles to build your Office 365 dev/test environment:
- Base Configuration dev/test environment
Create a simplified intranet running in Microsoft Azure infrastructure services. This is an optional step if you want to build a simulated enterprise configuration.
- Office 365 dev/test environment
Create an Office 365 Enterprise E5 trial subscription, which you can do from your computer or from a simplified intranet running in Azure infrastructure services.
- DirSync for your Office 365 dev/test environment
Install and configure Azure AD Connect for directory synchronization with password synchronization. This is an optional step if you want to build a simulated enterprise configuration.
For your Office 365 dev/test environment, use these articles to demonstrate enterprise features of Office 365:
- Multi-factor authentication for your Office 365 dev/test environment
Configure and test secondary authentication using a text message sent to your smart phone for an account in your Office 365 subscription.
- Federated identity for your Office 365 dev/test environment
Configure and demonstrate federated authentication with the accounts of a Windows Server Active Directory domain.
- Advanced Security Management for your Office 365 dev/test environment
Configure and demonstrate Advanced Security Management, which allows you to create policies that monitor for and inform you of suspicious activities in your Office 365 subscription.
- Advanced Threat Protection for your Office 365 dev/test environment
Configure and demonstrate Advanced Threat Protection, which is a feature of Exchange Online Protection (EOP) that helps keep malware out of your email.
- Advanced eDiscovery for your Office 365 dev/test environment
Add example data and demonstrate Advanced eDiscovery, which allows you to quickly find and analyze the data that is stored in Office 365, including email and documents.
- Sensitive file protection in the Office 365 dev/test environment
Demonstrate how you can use Office 365 Information Rights Management to protect the data in sensitive documents, even when they are accidentally posted in the wrong document folders.
- Data classification and labeling in the Office 365 dev/test environment
Demonstrate how the Azure Information Protection client can be used to classify documents with various levels of security.
- Isolated SharePoint Online team site dev/test environment
Demonstrate how to create a SharePoint Online team site that is isolated from the rest of the organization.
Create a dev/test environment for Microsoft 365 Enterprise scenarios with these articles:
- The Microsoft 365 Enterprise dev/test environment
Create the initial environment that includes Office 365 E5, Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) E5, and a computer running Windows 10 Enterprise.
- MAM policies for your Microsoft 365 Enterprise dev/test environment
Create user groups and mobile application management (MAM) policies for ioS and Android devices.
- Enroll iOS and Android devices in your Microsoft Enterprise 365 dev/test environment
Enroll iOS or Android devices and manage them remotely.
Add a Dynamics 365 trial subscription and test Office 365 and Dynamics 365 integrated features and scenarios with these articles:
- Office 365 and Dynamics 365 dev/test environment
Add a Dynamics 365 trial subscription and Dynamics 365 licences and permissions to your user accounts.
- Exchange Online integration for your Office 365 and Dynamics 365 dev/test environment
Configure and then demonstrate how Office 365 and Dynamics 365 work together in Exchange Online mailboxes.
Create a dev/test environment that includes all of Microsoft’s cloud offerings: Office 365, Azure, EMS, and Dynamics 365. See The One Microsoft Cloud dev/test environment for the step-by-step instructions.
You can create a cross-premises dev/test environment, which includes an Azure virtual network and a simulated on-premises network, with these articles:
- Simulated cross-premises virtual network in Azure
Create a simulated intranet connected to an Azure virtual network in a hybrid cloud configuration.
- Intranet SharePoint Server 2016 in Azure dev/test environment
Create a single-server SharePoint Server 2016 farm in the Azure virtual network and test connectivity and administration from the simulated on-premises network.
Here are additional cloud-based dev/test environments that you can create in Azure infrastructure services:
- SharePoint Server 2016 dev/test environment in Azure
Build a single-server SharePoint Server 2016 farm in Azure infrastructure services.
- Exchange 2016 dev/test environment in Azure
Build a single Exchange 2016 server in Azure infrastructure services.
- SharePoint 2013 dev/test environments in Azure
Build basic and high-availability SharePoint Server 2013 farms in Azure infrastructure services.
Join the discussion
|What cloud adoption content do you need?||We are creating content for cloud adoption that spans multiple Microsoft cloud platforms and services. Let us know what you think about our cloud adoption content, or ask for specific content by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Join the cloud adoption discussion||If you are passionate about cloud-based solutions, consider joining the Cloud Adoption Advisory Board (CAAB) to connect with a larger, vibrant community of Microsoft content developers, industry professionals, and customers from around the globe. To join, add yourself as a member of the CAAB (Cloud Adoption Advisory Board) space of the Microsoft Tech Community and send us a quick email at CAAB@microsoft.com. Anyone can read community-related content on the CAAB blog. However, CAAB members get invitations to private webinars that describe new cloud adoption resources and solutions.|
|Get the art you see here||If you want an editable copy of the art you see in this article, we’ll be glad to send it to you. Email your request, including the URL and title of the art, to email@example.com.|
Free Step by Step SharePoint Server 2013 Lab Guides by Microsoft
This Post contains a bunch of Free Step by Step SharePoint Server 2013 Lab Guides that Microsoft gives for free on its Download Center. Usually I post them together with the other free resources that Microsoft offers, however this is a Test Lab Guide (TLG) only post, and the rest of the resources will come later in the month.
Microsoft Download Center
- Test Lab Guide: Configure SharePoint Server 2013 in a three-tier farm
- Test Lab Guide: Configure intranet and team sites for SharePoint Server 2013
- Test Lab Guide: Demonstrate permissions with SharePoint Server 2013
- Test Lab Guide: Demonstrate profile synchronization for SharePoint Server 2013
- Test Lab Guide: Demonstrate Social Features for SharePoint Server 2013
- Test Lab Guide: Demonstrate SAML-based Claims Authentication with SharePoint Server 2013
- Test Lab Guide: Demonstrate forms-based claims authentication for SharePoint Server 2013
- Test Lab Guide: Configure eDiscovery for SharePoint Server 2013
- Test Lab Guide: Create a Business Intelligence Baseline Environment
- Test Lab Guide: Configure Secure Store
- Test Lab Guide: Configure Excel Services
- Test Lab Guide: Configure the Excel Services unattended service account
- Test Lab Guide: Configure Excel Services data refresh by using an embedded connection
- Test Lab Guide: Configure Excel Services data refresh by using an external connection
- Test Lab Guide: Configure Visio Services
- Test Lab Guide: Configure the Visio Services unattended service account
- Test Lab Guide: Configure Visio Services data refresh using an external connection
- Test Lab Guide: Configure PerformancePoint Services
- Test Lab Guide: Configure data access for PerformancePoint Services
- Test Lab Guide Mini-Module: Configuring a Second SharePoint Server 2013 Farm
- Test Lab Guide: Configure a Highly Available SharePoint Server 2013 Search Topology
- Test Lab Guide: Configure an Integrated Exchange, Lync, and SharePoint Test Lab
A very nice Poster from Microsoft that resumes the above http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=39298
Teched North America